Friday, September 24, 2010

Ruffle Skirt


This apron tutorial is from Krista Maurer's blog. I saw it and loved. It is also a wonderful way to practice the ruffling trick we talked about in the Flower Bag tutorial. This is an easy project, just a little bit time consuming.
My changes to the tutorial for more efficient fabric use:
I cut two 18"x 22" pieces for the apron base (she uses two 18" x 24" pieces)
and for the ruffles I made them 4" x 45", which is the width of the fabric, (she uses 4" x 36").
After I sewed all the ruffles on, I had to cut a little bit off the top of the apron base. I must have started my ruffles too low. Other than those changes, I followed her instructions. I LOVE how it turned out. Very Sassy!

6 comments:

gilchrist said...

LOVE IT!!!!

Our Family said...

So cute and a great christmas present. I would even think of adding a top and then having the ruffle bottom.

Krista said...

what a darling apron! I'm so glad the pattern turned out so well for you! :)

Rachel said...

Love it- I'm obsessed with aprons!

Christi said...

Cute! I blog-stalked :) I'll invite you to read my blog.

Christi said...

That apron looks so familiar...